- Habyts was founded by Cynthia and Andrew Crossley to help parents regulate screen time, eliminate homework distractions and motivate kids… without the daily battles!
- Habyts manages screen time while motivating kids to do homework, finish chores and build good habits.
- Habyts regulates screen time habits across multiple devices – at any time and from anywhere. Automatic limits, sensible schedules, safe browsing and website filters are set across all networks.
- Habyts lets parents block distracting websites and apps during homework and study time.
- Habyts stops screen time battles (before they start) by letting kids earn their screen time and other privileges. Its unique points and privileges system empowers both parents and kids.
- Habyts builds smart digital habits for the 21st century, putting families in charge of their tech, and not vice-versa.
Habyts® is the new standard for managing screen time and motivating kids.
Our easy habit-building app helps parents regulate screen time, eliminate homework distractions, and motivate their kids…without nagging.
No more excessive and inappropriate screen use throughout the day – and night. No more struggles to get off screens or wondering if your kids are actually doing homework on the computer. No more frustration with unfinished chores or incomplete tasks.
How? Habyts combines breakthrough parental controls with time-tested behavior management – in one easy-to-use parenting app.
Modern Tools for Family Rules
Habyts makes it easier to establish healthy screen time rules they can actually enforce.
Habyts regulates screen time habits across multiple devices – at any time and from anywhere. Automatic limits, sensible schedules and safe browsing are set across all networks.
Concerned parents can even block distracting websites and apps during homework and study time. All from their own phone or any browser.
Best of all, the unique Habyts system stops screen time battles (before they start) by letting kids earn their screen time and other privileges.
Kids get regular reminders and incentives to do chores and complete goals. It’s never been easier to positively & consistently help your kids build good habits for life.
At Habyts, we work with experts and families around the world. Our flexible tools help parents take charge of tech – before tech takes charge of our kids.
We’re Cynthia and Andy Crossley – Co-founders of Habyts®
As the parents of three boys, we’ve had our fair share of screen time struggles.
Minecraft, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram… smartphones, computers, tablets, gaming consoles… nagging, blaming, cajoling, shaming…
Always being the ‘bad guy’ was really tough – and didn’t even work very well.
At one point, we faced daily battles to get our sons off Minecraft. Constant nagging (and yelling) had no impact. Growing resentment only increased the emotional distance!
We were tearing our hair out. Was Minecraft a force for evil or a positive educational tool? Were we bad parents because we wanted to limit his screen time? Or were we bad parents because we were possibly limiting his potential to be the next Steve Jobs?
We also had battles to get the boys off gadgets to study for exams. This was particularly tricky because we couldn’t gauge exactly how much studying was being done – and they needed the computer for homework.
Not surprisingly, regular chores and other good habits were out the window. Let’s not even go there.
It was frustrating for ALL of us.
As a result, we researched hundreds of parenting tools and techniques. (And discovered a lot more about ourselves along the way).
Because ours is the first generation of parents trying to manage internet technology, ‘screen sucking’, and Digital Natives – and we need a new approach!
So, Habyts® was born.
We work with experts and families around the world to provide flexible tools which help caring parents take charge of tech – before tech takes charge of our kids.
We hope Habyts will help parents and carers arrive more quickly on the right approach to suit their needs (and avoid some of our mistakes along the way).
Cynthia is a former corporate career woman having worked for a number of blue chip companies including Microsoft, Merrill Lynch, Gemini Consulting, and Goldman Sachs. She holds a BA from the University of Chicago and a MBA from Stanford Business School.
Most recently, Cynthia co-founded two new entities: Habyts Ltd and ADDspark. She has 3 kids, a co-founder hubby and an adorable dog that keep her grounded – and put up with her insatiable love of knowledge and news.
Andy is a seasoned serial entrepreneur. He studied as an engineer at Cambridge University, then worked for a strategy consultancy and later for high tech companies in California and the UK in the areas of digital video compression, interactive TV and internet services before starting out on his own.
Andy currently runs three successful companies in the UK. He is an enthusiastic rugby coach and aging sportsman.
Learn more about our Team & Advisors.
YOU SHOULD USE THESE IMAGES
Guidelines for usage
- Use these images only when you write about Habyts
- Attribute Habyts for the image
- Don’t use the images to advertise or promote products other than Habyts
HABYTS EXPLAINER VIDEO
WHAT CAN HABYTS DO FOR ME?
WELCOME TO HABYTS
We’ve put together some assets for those times when you want to show off your Habyts integration or link back to us. Happy shipping!
Do these awesome things
- Use the Avatar or Habyts logo to link to habyts.com
- Use the Mark in social buttons to link to habyts profile
- Use the Avatar or Habyts logo in a blog post or news article about Habyts
Please don’t do these things
- Use the Avatar or Habyts logo for your application’s icon
- Create a modified version of the Avatar or Habyts logo
- Integrate the Avatar or Habyts logo into your logo
- Use any Habyts artwork without permission
- Sell any Habyts artwork without permission
- Change the colors, dimensions or add your own text/images
Please contact us
- If you want to use artwork not included in this repository
- If you want to use these images in a video/mainstream media
In short, the Habyts logos and Avatar represent only Habyts and should not be used to represent your products.
Naming projects and products
Please avoid naming your projects anything that implies Habyts endorsement. This also applies to domain names.
We love working with journalists, bloggers and interested parties around the world to share compelling, unique stories. If you’re a member of the media and would like to talk, please get in touch with Vic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise, if you’re interested in talking about Habyts® please get in touch at email@example.com.