Welcome to the Habyts Quick Wins Guide, here to help you get the most out of your 2-week free trial!
More Than Just Tech
For many parents, managing screen time and motivating your kids is not just about technology.
You’ve probably already tried to teach your kids to limit their screen time, do their homework without YouTube or Minecraft, finish their chores before having time online, or just look beyond their screens.
It’s tough to stay on top of the practicalities of parenting – particularly when it comes to screen time, homework and chores – while we’re juggling the multitude of responsibilities in our busy modern lives.
So you may be wondering where to start? Or how you can make these habits stick?
Let us walk you through a step-by-step habit-building system to give you the confidence to succeed with Habyts.
Start with the PACE™ Approach
Our proven 4-step PACE™ Approach gives you a clear roadmap for success.
- Prepare Purposefully – get clear on what success looks like for you and your family
- Automate Quickly – see how to address specific concerns in a consistent way
- Celebrate Smarter – make habits stick by reviewing progress and celebrating success
- Experiment Together – be ready to handle any setbacks (it’s actually a GOOD thing)
The PACE™ Approach also lets you follow the steps in your own stride – wherever you are in the process of setting up healthy screen time habits for your family.
To get your Quick Wins, each step requires a specific action from you. This includes:
- Plan for Success exercises to help form your screen time plan.
- Habyts in Action to implement your plan
- Reward Yourself for taking action!
Here, we’ll do step one for you. Plan for success by installing Habyts on your kids’ devices. That way, they’ll actually get started with screen time!
Trust the System to Build Your Habits
In order for the PACE Approach to work, you’ve got to give it a go!
So when you feel yourself having doubts (perfectly normal by the way!), try and recognize these thoughts and combat them.
- “I wouldn’t think that would work, but I’m going to try it”
- “I’ll try it for 14 days and see if it works for me”
- “This isn’t directly applicable to me, but I see what they’re getting at. I’m going to try a variation of the technique.“
Your kids won’t change their screen time routine until you believe they can!
We’ll be beside you every step of the way. Contact us with any questions or challenges. In fact, if you need help, we’re happy to help you set up Habyts over the phone!
Here’s a quick overview of Habyts to get your bearings.
Remember to Reward Yourself
Tomorrow, when we show you how habits are built, you’ll see the importance of rewards. As the driver of this system, you need to reward yourself – as well as your kids.
Start REWARDING YOURSELF NOW. How about a pat on the back or a 10 minute nap?
See you tomorrow!