Blog For Us
Your Story Has Power
- Are you looking for a chance to share your fresh perspective and insight with parents and educators?
- Are you an experienced blogger keen to grow your reach with the right audience?
- Or have you just always wanted to try blogging but weren’t sure how?
It can be frustrating to have something to share and nowhere to share it. But here at Habyts we can help!
- Just submit a topic or topics for feedback at email@example.com
- Then follow the guidelines below and send us your article for review and approval.
We look forward to hearing from you!
About the Habyts blog
Our community is home to a group of passionate parents and educators specifically interested in the often challenging intersection between school, home, technology and habits. In essence, they want to know how guardians, educators and the community can raise confident, happy and successful kids.
Topics of interest
We’re looking for stimulating blogs on the following topics:
- Digital Family Life (technology’s influence on modern parenting and children)
- Things to do (guides, activity ideas etc)
- Healthy Living and Well-being
- Self Improvement
- Learning Differences
- Routine and Structure
- Tasks and Chores
- Education and Homework
- School Topics*
- Timely Topics (blogs coinciding with events, special days, anniversaries or current news topics)
*Examples of “hot” school topics includes homeschooling, SEL, PBIS, school safety, technology in the classroom, class size, parent engagement, and more!
We recommend you discuss a topic idea first prior to writing and submitting a blog. See the section below on How to Submit Your Article.
Preferred Blog Formats and Inspiration
To ensure we continue to offer our readers variety, we like the following blog formats, usually ranging between 500-100 words in length:
- Quick Wins – Image heavy, easy to follow ‘how to’ guides and accompanying text, e.g. How to Enjoy a Digital Detox Summer with Your Kids
- Essay – Posts about a particular topic, e.g. The New Era of Table Top Gaming
- Infographics – Creatively display facts and information about a particular topic. Please include a brief narrative to accompany your infographic.
- Listicle – Information presented in numerical format that is quick, clear and simple to read and share, e.g. 51 Reward Ideas to Motivate and Inspire Your Kids
- Picture post – A post consisting prominently of photographs and supporting text about a particular event or activity.
All posts should be relevant to one of our topics of interest.
What are the general criteria for posts that get accepted? See below:
- Tone: We like posts that are fresh, insightful, practical and support the positive parenting ethos of Habyts.
- Length: Generally speaking, posts are between 300-1000 words in length depending upon the blog format. See the section above for “Preferred Blog Formats and Inspiration.”
- Subheadings: All essay posts should contain at least one subheading to help break up the text body for readers.
- Photos/Images: Please provide images with your blog post. First, make sure they are of high quality, compressed, and can be used under Creative Commons Zero Usage Rights. Provide proper attribution using Creative Commons best practices and cite the image source as: “Image source:” Finally, be sure to hyperlink that text with the page you found the image on. Note that image attribution applies to images, gifs, or screenshots.
- Author Bio (with pic <10 kb): Please include a 2-3 line author bio, headshot (<10 kb), and any links to your blog, website, or social media page.
- Originality: Articles must be 100% original to Habyts (i.e. found nowhere else on the web or in print).
- Content: We like originality but the articles must be relevant to our topics and cannot be used as advertising in any shape or form.
- Editing: We reserve the right to edit any blog or article submitted to Habyts.
- Exclusivity: Accepted authors must acknowledge that any material that is published on the blog becomes the sole property of Habys and may not be recreated or republished by the author without our strict permission. This includes your blog, LinkedIn, Medium, Inbound.org, or any other site or app.
- Tip: Copy and paste your post into Grammarly, or Microsoft Word and run a spell-check. These editing tools are great for catching sneaky misspellings and extra spaces. You can also use Hemingway Editor to check for run-on sentences, difficult sentence structure, etc …
Just want to share a link with us? Please note that if you just want to share a link with us that you believe is relevant for Habyts to mention and link to, then please share the link via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to send us your article
Submit your pitch of completed post via email to email@example.com with the following:
- Formatted Subject Line: “Guest Pitch: [Tentative Title of Post]”
- Your Completed Post or Pitch in a Google Document with editing permissions turned on for “anyone with the link.”
- Post Title
- Meta Description (For more information click here).
- Article Images: First, make sure they are of high quality, compressed, and can be used under Creative Commons Zero Usage Rights. Then add them into the Google Document and provide proper attribution using Creative Commons best practices and citing the image source as: “Image source:” Finally, be sure to hyperlink that text with the page you found the image on. Note that image attribution applies to images, gifs, or screenshots.
- Author Bio (with pic <10 kb): Please include a 2-3 line author bio, headshot (<10 kb), and any links to your blog, website, or social media page..